Word of the Day: The Blessing of Conviction
by Joyce Meyer / submitted by Guy Brody
*And when He comes, He will convict and convince the world and bring demonstration to it about sin and about righteousness (uprightness of heart and right standing with God) and about judgment. ~John 16:8
Jesus told the disciples that when the Holy Spirit came, He would have an intimate, personal ministry to them. One of the things the Holy Spirit is responsible for is guiding believers into all truth, and He is the agent in the process of sanctification in believers’ lives.
This is partially accomplished by His convicting powers. In other words, every time we are getting off track or going in a wrong direction the Holy Spirit convicts us that our behavior or decision is wrong.
This is accomplished by a “knowing” in our spirit that what we are doing is not right. When you and I feel convicted, we should repent and change our direction. No more and no less is required or acceptable.
If we know how to and are willing to cooperate with the Holy Spirit, we can move on to spiritual maturity and release all the planned blessings of God in our lives. If, however, we ignore this conviction and go our own way, we will find the way very hard and difficult. Our lives will be unblessed and therefore unfruitful.
Satan does not want us to receive conviction, nor does he even want us to understand it. He always has a counterfeit for all the good things that God offers-something somewhat like what God offers, but which, if received, will bring destruction instead of blessing. I believe Satan’s counterfeit for true godly conviction is condemnation.
Condemnation always produces feelings of guilt. It makes us feel “down” in every way. We feel “under” something heavy, which is where Satan wants us. God, on the other hand, sent Jesus to set us free, to give us righteousness, peace, and joy (see Romans 14:17).
Our spirits should be light and carefree, not oppressed and heavy with burdens that we are unable to bear. We cannot bear our sins; Jesus came to bear them. He alone is able to do so, and we must receive His ministry.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- From Prison to Praise
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’
- Congress Forced to Face Up to the Pain Experienced by Unborn Children
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 2: Becoming a Freedom Fighter
- EEW President Ministers at Rockingham, NC Conference: 'We Had Such an Awesome Time' (VIDEO)