Doomsday Preacher Apologizes for Misleading the World
*With his speech sounding somewhat slurred and labored, Family Radio Stations Inc. founder and chairman Harold Camping sought to address in a recent message why Christ failed to return on Oct. 21 as the Bible teacher had predicted, says the Christian Post. Camping confessed, after decades of falsely misleading his followers, that he was wrong and regrets his misdeeds.
In addition to attempting to correct his erroneous teachings on the Rapture and God’s day of final judgment on the world, Camping, 90, also confessed, “incidentally,” that he was wrong to claim that God had stopped saving people after May 21 – the date which God’s so-called “spiritual” judgment had begun.
This is undoubtedly a radical shift for Camping, who has staunchly claimed since 1992 that he had discovered a special numerical system in the Bible that allowed him to calculate the exact dates of certain events, such as the Great Flood, the Crucifixion and the day of Jesus Christ’s return to Earth.
Camping first falsely predicted that the world would end on Sept. 6, 1994, then again on May 21, 2011, and finally on Oct. 21.
When Camping’s final doomsday predication failed to come to pass, Family Radio soon removed its teachings regarding the failed May 21 rapture, which also included the claim that God had stopped saving people after that date and that the world was headed for a final judgment on Oct. 21.
Read more at the Christian Post.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Kirk Franklin Lands New BET Hosting Gig
- Blind Legal Activist Chen Guangcheng Confirms Chinese Government Has Pressured NYU to Boot Him Out
- Tasha Cobbs’ Hit Anthem ‘Break Every Chain’ is #1 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs Chart
- Author Kimberla Lawson Roby Greets Fans Across the Globe
- Alveda King: Let Babies and Mothers Off Abortion Bus
- Constitutional Amendment Introduced to Protect Children, Parents
- U.S. House Passes Bill to Protect Unborn in Sixth Month and Later; National Right to Life Commends Seven Georgia Lawmakers