Unmarried Gospel Singer Le’Andria Johnson is Pregnant
By Mona Austin
*An online statement confirmed Tuesday that Season 3 “Sunday Best’ winner Le’Andria Johnson is pregnant.
Viewers suspected that the slight bulge in her clothing during a recent appearance on BET’s “Celebration of Gospel” was a baby bump and rumors began to swirl.
Johnson, 29 is a single mother of three.
In the statement (that follows in its entirety) the mommy-to-be acknowledges she needs prayerful support while carrying baby number four and managing the demands of a new career and motherhood:
“In recent weeks, there have been numerous published reports stating that I am pregnant. I would like to take this time to confirm that I am pregnant and due in September. I have been feeling well and maintaining a healthy appetite. I have been busy traveling around the country with my music ministry. One can only imagine that as a mother and mother-to-be, my plate is quite full—taking the kids to school, doing homework, cooking—regular mother duties. I have been blessed to have the love and support of my church, family, friends, label, management, and fans. I have received so many beautiful and thoughtful notes and prayers from people all over the country. I ask that you continue to pray for me and my family. I cannot do this alone. I will continue to pray for God’s guidance and protection over my life. I love you all very much and I will be in touch soon.” – Le’Andria Johnson
Johnson shows no signs of slowing down with dates already booked in May. Since signing with Music World Gospel she has kept a whirlwind calendar, ambitiously releasing 3 projects in less than 6 months. She continues to stun audiences with the soulful delivery of the single “Jesus,” a ballad from her debut album, “The Awakening of Leandria Johnson” that is directed at judgmental Christians. (Johnson won the “Best Gospel Performance” Grammy for “Jesus” in February.)
The majority of fans who posted comments on www.leadriajohnson.com reacted to her pregnancy positively. Many of the messages were congratulatory, but one fan lamented the news, pointing out fornication is a sin:
“Honestly Le’Andria I am disappointed. To deny that I am not would be a gross lie. I look up to you and the anointing that exudes from you, I really do. Fornication is a serious sin and it is not one to be jumped over lightly or ignored. “
In an interview originally conducted in September of 2011, I spoke to Johnson about love and relationships. She was very transparent about having two failed marriages and the ups and downs of relationships.
(Click the player below and jump ahead to 9:28 to hear the candid revelations) :
At the time Johnson said she was dating but this time around things were different because she let God do the choosing.
A source close to Johnson says the father of the child is a musician who has been the man in her life for 18 months. Marriage is in Johnson’s plans a source says.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- From Prison to Praise
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’